ABOUT NAYASAM AYURVEDA THERAPY
Nasya treatment refers to an Ayurvedic therapy that includes instillation of herbal oils, juices or powders through the nasal route. It works specifically on disorders of ear, nose and throat. Nasya is one among the five Panchakarma therapies. It is especially desirable for diseases of parts above the base of the neck; nasal passage being the gateway of the head.
Nayasam Begins with Facial Oil Massage to loosen the adhesive doshas, then luke warm medication is put in both the nostrils and then shoulder, neck, ear, palm & sole are gently massaged. In the last step patient’s given luke warm water to gargle which cleans the mouth and then medicated smoke is given for inhalation.
Benefits of Nayasam Ayurvedic Therapy
- Hoarseness of voice and stuttering or slurred speech
- Stiffness in the head, neck, throat, teeth and jaw
- Headaches and migraines
- Earaches and any pain in nose and throat
- Known to improve conditions such as Rhinitis (runny nose)
- Relieve mental and emotional stress, anxiety, fear and negativity
- Positively impact higher cerebral and sensory organs (eyes, nose, ears, skin and tongue)
- Neuro muscular conditions
- Prevents facial paralysis, goitre, tonsillitis, convulsion and motor disorder.
- Prevents loose teeth, gingivitis and diseases of the oral cavity.
- Facial paralysis
- Cervical spondylitis