About Sarvanga Bashpa Swedana Ayurvedic Therapy
Sarvanga Bashpa Swedana is a process of stimulating Sweat Glands resulting in increased perspiration and circulation. It alleviates vitiated Vata and Kapha dosha and helps in reducing pain, stiffness, heaviness and coldness in the body.
All through the Ayurvedic texts, Swedana has been praised for its relaxing and detoxifying effects. There are two basic methods of Swedana—Niragni & Saagni. In Niragni method the body is warmed without direct application of heat, similar to what we know as active heat therapy.
On the other hand, Saagni method of Swedana is done by applying dry or moist heat directly upon the body to make it warm, similar to conventional methods of passive heat therapy.
Benefits of Sarvanga Bashpa Swedana Ayurvedic Therapy
- Imparts softness, strength and colour to the body
- Decreases the effects of Aging
- Bestows Good vision
- Nourishes the body
- Increases Longevity
- Benefits Sleep patterns
- Benefits Skin
- Strengthens the Body’s Tolerance
- Imparts a firmness to the Limbs
- Imparts Tone and Vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Stimulates the Internal organs of the body,
- Increases Circulation
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta